Newcomer's Guide to ABQ Beer Week
by Adam Auden - Long time beer nerd, recent New Mexican, Adam has fallen in love with the state's beer scene in what can only be described as a whirlwind romance. He hopes it to be a long and fruitful relationship without the bitter finish we love so much in our IPAs
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Beer Week is upon us and there is just an amazing amount of stuff to do, how can you choose? This is only my second Albuquerque Beer Week so I thought I’d pull together a list of events to give a range of beers, food, venues and entertainment to give the newcomer a taste of what Albuquerque Beer Week is all about and the great stuff Albuquerque has to offer!
I’ve picked one event per day which I hope will provided a flavor of what the week holds. There’s a little something for everyone, cheers!
- 5/21 4pm - 7pm Beer, Cheese, & More at Marble Brewery Pub Downtown: Come check out Marble’s newly renovated downtown location for beer and cheese pairings and more.
- 5/22 5pm - 8pm Goose Island Migration at Nob Hill Bar & Grill: Some beers rarely seen in NM invade the taps.
- 5/23 5pm - 8pm Belgian Beer Dinner at Heimat House: Partake in a European tour with Belgian beers to enjoy with their German and Polish food.
- 5/24 3pm - 6pm (2pm for VIP tickets) ABQ Blues & Brews Craft Beer Festival: The main event of the week, a must! 70 Breweries, live music, unlimited tasting!
- 5/25 5pm - 9pm Battle of the Beer Geeks at Tractor Brewing Co Wells Park: Another one not to miss. Various beer groups from around town go head to head with beer brewed at Tractor. Come and try them all and vote on the best!
- 5/26 7pm - 9pm Bistronomy B2B and Yelp present: Burgers and Brews!: Come for the burgers, stay for the great range of local beers (their own as well as other breweries in the state). Free Yelp glass with B2B beers.
- 5/27 8:30pm - 10:30pm Dos Pendejos at Tractor Nob Hill – Featuring a Special Beer Release: A cool Nob Hill hang, live music and a yet-to-be-revealed special beer release from Tractor.
- 5/28 4pm - 6pm Chama River Brewing Company Plum Saison Release Party: Come by for the beer, stay for a great meal at the restaurant. Also, check out the 505 Collaboration if you’ve not already.
- 5/29 4pm - 10pm Avery Brewing Co & Green Flash Brewing Co. Special Tapping at Nob Hill Bar & Grill: Back to Nob Hill for some great out-of-state beers. I’d highly recommend grabbing dinner here too, the food is excellent.
- 5/30 12pm - 11pm Canteen Brewhouse Special Release of Hoppyweizer Collaboration with ABQBeer.com: Collab beer withABQBeer.com and more besides. Check out the Hospitality IPA too if you’ve not had a chance.
- 5/31 12pm - 8pm 2nd Annual Belgian Beer & Cheese Pairing at Shade Tree Customs & Cafe: What can I say, I’m a sucker for cheese. This event was well subscribed last year, and rightly so, so come along early to ensure you get the tasty treats!